YOU MAY ALREADY BE ELIGIBLE TO ENROLL
- Returning students proceed to Online Registration. Welcome back!
- If you are a member of the American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic, proceed to Online Registration.
- If you participated in All-State Orchestra, forward your proof of participation (concert program) via email to the Lyceum Music Festival.
- If you received an invitation letter or email, proceed to Online Registration.
ADMISSION VIA AUDITION
Choose one of the following audition options:
- Schedule a live audition with Festival Director Kayson Brown. Live auditions will be held at American Heritage School in American Fork, Utah. To schedule an audition time, email Lyceum Music Festival.
- Record your audition and load it to YouTube, Google Drive, Facebook, or as an attachment of 25 MB or less. Email the YouTube link to Lyceum Music Festival.
- Send in a DVD or CD of your audition to:
American Heritage School
Lyceum Music Festival Auditions
736 North 1100 East
American Fork, Utah 84003
Auditions should include your choice of major scale and a five minute solo. The scale should highlight your mastery of range and tone. Please play the maximum number of octaves you can play with good tone. The five minute solo or solo excerpt should demonstrate your strengths as a player, memorization preferred, accompaniment is optional. Percussionists must show proficiency on timpani and mallet instruments.
2017 INSTRUMENT AVAILABILITY
This is a symphonic orchestra festival. We have very limited openings for certain instruments and chairs are filled on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment opens Feb 15th. Please check below to see if there are still slots open in your instrument for 2017 prior to enrolling. Maximum Instrumentation (this will be updated as spots are filled):
- 1 Flute – FULL
- 1 Flute/Piccolo – FULL
- 1 Oboe – FULL
- 1 Oboe/English Horn – FULL
- 2 Clarinets – FULL
- 2 Bassoons
- 4 Horns – ONE SPOT LEFT!
- 2 Trumpets
- 3 Trombones
- 3 Percussion
- 1 Piano/Celeste
- 32 Violins
- 12 Violas
- 14 Cellos
- 6 Basses